Friday, October 17, 2008




The weather was much cooler today as if fall had really come to Frankfurt.  Although it wasn’t raining it was definitely scarf and coat weather.  I started out my morning with a lovely cappuccino and muffin at the fair before having meetings that lasted all day.  The highlight of the day was a meeting with a French publisher, Les Arenes, who is publishing all of the New Yorker titles.  He has just published a big book in France about the history of the French police which looked interesting. I had fun wandering the aisles of the French publishers at the fair.  Later on this afternoon I went to a drinks party at the New Zealand stand and met some of my old colleagues, including Geoff.  For dinner I went to an Indian restaurant called The Jewel of India.  To my surprise, when I arrived, I realized that it was the same Indian restaurant where, a few years ago, the poor waiter tripped and lost his armful of plates of food, some of which ended up all over me!  Fortunately, tonight I was sitting away from the aisle and did not suffer the same consequence!  The restaurant was close to my hotel so I had a lovely walk through the crisp evening, tripping over autumn leaves, to get home.

No comments: